Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for GDC registered dentists with little or no previous experience of implantology.
What does the course cover?
- • The theory and background of implant surgery
- • Anatomy and bone biology
- • Implant design and practical use of the surgical and restorative kits
- • Digital planning using SMOP software for guided surgery
- • Intra-oral scanning using Medit i500 Scanner
- • Soft tissue management, flap design and suturing techniques
- • Treatment planning, consent to treatment and post-operative care
- • Perfecting placement, grafting and closure techniques on models and pig’s heads
- • Simple implant placement on a live patient
Course aims and outcome
Our interactive course aims to provide participants with the basic knowledge and understanding required to carry out a dental implant procedure. By the end of the course, participants should have a basic knowledge and understanding of dental implantology and will have placed a dental implant in a patient under supervision.
35 Hours Verifiable CPD – Outcome C
Dr Zoe Wray – Theory days 1 and 2
Emma Downing – Day 3 SMOP and Digital planning
Dr Judith Stocker – Day 4 Flap design, anatomy to avoid, suturing and hands on with pigs heads
Dr Jonathan Willis – Case reviews and practical supervised implant placement
Taught by hands-on tuition in a clinical environment under the supervision of a team of highly trained professional tutors, Dentale’s courses are run in accordance with the GDC guidelines and The Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh Implant Diploma.