Plan to Placement: A SMOP Training Course with a live patient in association with ImplantGuidePrint and Dentale
3D implant planning and the use of surgical templates solutions have become an indispensable part of modern comprehensive implant treatment. The course describes the different options of a full digital workflow and discusses relevant indications and advantages on the base of scientific data. The lecture gives a future outlook on upcoming innovations and a summary of the cost-benefit ratio and possible strategies for the practitioner. This course features practical content and a clinical case and is delivered by a highly experienced implant surgeon with many years experience of guided surgery and Florian Schober global expert in SMOP
Who is this course for?
For the implant dental surgeon, looking to utilise guided and digital surgery within their implant practice or to improve their knowledge of the subject.
What does the course cover?
This course covers aspects of guided implant surgery and digital planning using SMOP.
Who are the course tutors?
Florian C. Schober
- Pioneer and expert in digital dentistry, 3D implant planning and template-guided implant placement.
- Accomplished and internationally renowned lecturer and trainer in the field of 3D radiology, implant planning and template-guided implant placement
- Responsibility in numerous projects of process optimization, especially in the field of dental radiology, implant placement and dental education since 1999
- Master degree in industrial engineering from Technische Universität Berlin Germany with scholarships at LUISS Rome Italy and Hochschule St. Gallen Switzerland
- Senior Teacher and Researcher at the Department of Fixed & Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Material Sciences at the University of Zurich in Switzerland (Head: Prof. Dr. Christoph Hämmerle)
- President of the board of Swissmeda AG
- Member of the board of Digital Dental Life AG (Dental Campus)
Jason will present a patient case analysis, allowing the delegates to plan, the patient will then be present for the live surgery with a pre-printed guide. Jason has been using guided surgery for many years alongside conventional implant surgery. For further details about Jason please see the Dentale tutor section.
What are the course aims and objectives?
To show how the use of guided surgery can improve accuracy and outcomes in implant dentistry. To learn the basic principles of guided surgery, the terms used and how to operate the SMOP planning software.
This course fulfils the learning outcome C.
Taught by hands-on tuition in a clinical environment, under the supervision of a team of highly trained professional tutors, Dentale’s courses are run in accordance with the GDC guidelines.