Who Should attend?
Suitable for GDC registered nurses with no prior knowledge or very little experience of dental implant procedures.
What does the course cover?
- • History and development of dental implants
- • Terminology
- • Treatment planning, including imaging techniques used
- • Asepsis and surgery set up
- • Basics of implant surgery and instruments
- • Care of equipment
- • Live implant demonstration
- • Requirements for clinical note taking and recording
- • Post-operative care and complications
- • Question and answer session
Our interactive course aims to provide dental nurses with the basic knowledge and understating required to assist their dentist throughout a dental implant procedure.
By the end of the course, those who attend will be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge and understanding of dental implants and the associated surgery requirements.