This course is aimed at the GDP who would like to know the steps in restoring dental implants. The day will include discussing the clinical and laboratory steps required for restoring implants. As well as increasing your confidence within this field of dentistry, the course will enable you to correctly prescribe to your laboratory technician.
- • Discuss the management in restoring single and multiple dental implants.
- • To know the difference between cement retained and screw retained crowns.
- • How to manage a case requiring multiple units and the processes involved in both cement and screw retention.
- • To understand the laboratory stages in making your crown and bridgework.
- • To discuss the different types of abutments to include; Stock abutments, customised abutments, variobase abutments, casting abutments and Cad Cam abutments.
- • To understand the different types of crowns available from your laboratory.
- • Discuss the process of restoring a full arch case and which materials to use.
- • For the GDP attending the course to be confident in understanding the process of restoring dental implants.
- • For the GDP to be able to prescribe the correct restoration for each case.
- • To give the GDP an understanding of the problems that can be accounted and how they can be avoided when restoring dental implants.